Search This Blog

Wednesday 9 November 2011

Fear of sacrifice


 I was going through a period of utter confusion and anxiety during that phase of life. One night (i don’t exactly remember the date); i saw that i have come to a village on the occasion of Durga Puja. The villagers treated me as the king over there. I was too amazed by their hospitality. They treated me with a grand feast that included many delicious, mouth-watering dishes. I thanked god for bringing me to such a lovely place. Then as advised by them, i went to a villager's house to have a good night's sleep.
    Next morning, the loud beating of the drums woke me up. From my window, i could see a big crowd, shouting my name, and slowly moving towards the house where i am staying right now. They have big sticks, swords, flags in their hands. "Something is wrong" my sixth sense told me. Frightened, i ran to lock the main door from inside. But it’s already too late!
    Two of them tied my hands and started dragging me followed by the whole crowd! I was dumbfounded. I tried to scream but i could not. Again and again i tried. The day was the main day of the Durga puja! It is believed that Durga Mata herself comes down to earth on that day. They dragged me to the temple. Some of the saints were doing some 'YAJNA' over there. There was a man, standing with a big sword on his hand. I closed my eyes! I am going to be SACRIFICED to please the Goddess! I had lost all hope to survive. There i was, knelt down over my knees, heads down, all ready to get sacrificed. The man lifted his sword; dedicated his regards to the goddess...and the sword came down...thuddddddddd......i woke up..!

3 comments: